Monday, April 4, 2022

What I Learned from EOTO #1

 I found the Petroglyph system to be so fascinating especially since it is a concept I had never heard of before. I think this system perfectly encapsulates what the primary subject for this assignment is too. Learning about a method of communication that is overlooked or relatively unknown is important and I feel as though petroglyphs are an unrecognized stepping stone in the development of human communication. 


What I took away from the presentation is that petroglyph is a fancy word for cave drawing. These very well might be some of the earliest recordings of human history dating all the way back to 40,000 years and they've been found all over. They also highlight the birth of cultural and religious markers. 


I just think it's really cool to know how written communication started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Get My News From

 News isn't something I actively seek. I find it depressing or extremely biased. Fluff pieces can also be quite a headache. So really I ...