Thursday, April 21, 2022

What I Found Most Interesting From EOTO 2!

 Another round of the Each One Teach One assignment and this time the topic was a little different. This time around we focused on types of false information. This is one of the more important concepts when dealing with media law and literacy but I was not expecting to be made aware of so many crazy and wild different ways in which people will create false information. I focused on "machine learning" but even that wasn't the craziest one I heard of. Honestly, some of these were so intense that they kind of went over my head. However, there was one that I really connected with. 


The presentation done on the topic of "online influencers" caught my interest the most. As a social media and digital communications major, this is a subject that I would be naturally drawn to. Influencers have been around for centuries but the online influencer really took off after youtube came to be. It's unfortunate that these people have so much, well, influence that their audience will believe what they say no matter if it is true or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Get My News From

 News isn't something I actively seek. I find it depressing or extremely biased. Fluff pieces can also be quite a headache. So really I ...